Tuesday, June 21, 2005

This one's for June 19th

Well...we are trying to play catch up with the CharMin blog. Our apologies for those of you who are faithful in returning to this site for updates. We have been without our webmaster for quite some time and I (the most NON-computer geek of the bunch) am now added to the list of contributors. I have the information for June 19, another member has it for the week before. Hopefully it will be added. There's also a little spot at the bottom of the page where our cup/story total has been updated. I have no idea how to change that, so I'll include it here and if any other member knows how to add it - feel free! So here goes...
Last week. We were in full force. 180 cups were given out. We saw at least 6 people who remembered us from weeks ago, and were able to give us an update on where they are now in their journey. I have a list of names to share, but again, I have no idea how to add them to the actual "name list" located at the bottom of the page. Courtney, Tomeka, Brian, Chaz, Claude, Rabbit, Blue, Cierra, Michelle, Norman, Don, Archie, and Jack.
When we got back this week, the four of us were commenting on how weird it is the people we are meeting and the things we are learning about them. Some of them are one degree of separation from famous people. Well, their all famous according to God, but you know what I mean.
Most notably for me, was Claude. We met Claude a while back. He was the chef who told us about adding a little nutmeg and vanilla extract to our cocoa to make it that much richer. Claude has a CD of recipes. He gave one to Tilden for free.
I am finding my zeal has begun to diminish. I still would rather be no where else on a Sunday night than at the bus station, but my energy while there has gone down the tubes. I've been reading that ministry is never supposed to become comfortable no matter how long you're doing it. Its definitely become comfortable. I know why, and I'm embarrassed to admit the reason.
Pray that we would consciously renew our spirits - no matter what.
Thank you to all for being faithful in your prayers thus far.

Blessings,

Kristy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home